Monday, June 2, 2014

You do not have to like to cosplay to dance J-pop and K-pop



 I had mentioned previously that I like Heavy Metal type music and I do love a good electric guitar with a loud stadium snare. I am glad the new Metal Industrial artist do dress up nicely. That is what I liked to do when I was younger give me a suit and a microphone over a black t-shirt with some band name on it and you have me but when I was younger metal bands did not dress up I liked the short hair and a nice suit so I was never considered to be a headbanger why? Because I Did not fit your image of what you think a headbanger is. I hate stereotypes I really do and where in the heck did we get to the point that you have to dress and look a certain part to sing and dance a certain type of music? I love certain types of music but I never will worship the artist they are all just flawed creatures just like you and me and in many cases they are up there performing because they just put more time into doing what they love doing. I would never use the word fan I just play this kind of music because I like it.Fan is short for the word for fanatic. It may be my interest my study or even my preference fanaticism is for the mentally deranged just my opinion. I get a lot of people who ask why I posted certain videos in the past my response will always be about mainly two reasons One is for me or the other is basically for you the viewer. I think that some youtube users want views so he or she post his or hers videos to get more views He or She might ask what the viewers want so they start changing the videos to appeal to the viewers. I have been there I do that as well and then I also post because it is fun and challenging I like to see sometimes where I can push the limit and it is fun there are some risk sometimes to lose viewers but I have to ask myself did I like it? If I did then what does it matter what others think and that is how I feel.

 When I started getting my own footage for the Toru Takanuru channel I went to a local Anime convention and looked for J-pop dancers and K-pop dancers because I watched youtube dancers and they would go to conventions. I met even Vocaloid cosplayers who did not know J-pop that confused me it really did but I wanted footage and so I began the whole cosplay filming for the channel. I just started to assume that there were no dancers at cons that way I was never disappointed but that changed. I believe if we continued  to get footage there would be no time for both dancers and cosplayers but hey My priority were dancers.


 I knew there were starting to be splits at anime conventions and it bothered me that the jelly girls would get so mad that we were filming and dancing in the hallways but this is where we could meet so if this was the place we could get together we were going take advantage. The Lolita Fashion Enthusiast were the first Split I knew who were going to get away from "Close Minded" conventions. I read about a convention that was starting just for them on a forum I believe it was going to be in Atlanta. I know it is hard to please everyone at an anime and Sci Fi convention. I knew the excitement of the music of J-pop and K-pop would have to have their own meets because lets face it when you dance to K-pop we do not usually dress up sometimes the outfits could get in the way of the performance. There are two Conventions that I think that American J-pop dancers should attend One is the J-pop summit Festival and the other would be Idol Matsuri these are great places for young and old Kawaii Dancers that are so so cute.How friendly are they to the K-pop dancers? I do not know. I think if I get a convention going it will be in Chicago and it will be devoted to all youtube dancers and I think we really need to open our doors to all youtube dancers. I think if we really get everyone it will open our door to a larger convention and meet. The Idol Matsuri convention does not have a large following and I think it is because it is devoting its place to J-pop Idols and not really expanding out while at the same time K-pop dancers on youtube are doing workshops for large audiences in Australia. I think it is hard to run a con on J-pop idols alone.
 I can see that meets are fun and really the professional way of doing this without upsetting Anime fans and I think it is the only way to achieve what you need in multiple takes for video and dancing goals. I think the only way we can assure a good meet is if incentives are involved. I really do not see me departing too far from this community and the chances keep popping up to grow my outreach of being in the J-pop and K-pop dance community is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment