Thursday, November 22, 2012

Why I love Lolita Fashion (A Male Perspective)

Why I love Lolita Fashion (A Male Perspective)

     My first introduction to Lolita Fashion was from a Russian Model in Germany she wore what we would call a pirate Lolita influence so I was not that impressed with the outfit. When I started working with the more Japanese influenced artist I noticed the young ladies were wearing the Japanese influenced Lolita fashion. How much difference is the Asian Lolita from the European Lolita well I believe there is more colors and lot more accessorizing involved. I was very involved with Gothic music in its popularity so I recognize the gothic Lolita think of Wynona Ryder from BeetleJuice look.
  When I worked on my heavily Gothic themed album. I wanted a more a castlevania look. I think of a more Ann Rice look from The Diary series.

 I am not much concerned with what the females wore because I do not put female characters in my operas.
  The interest sparked me more and more as the controversy started. I could not figure out why would anyone would get upset over a girl wearing a fluffy dress? I am for anything that gets a girl in a fluffy dress.
If you ever dated out there you would know what I am talking about. Dressing up for a girl is not easy it involves pulling,playing,coloring,clipping,matching,and tightening. Why would a young lady go through the ordeal well I guess it can be a challenge like a game for a man?
 I think being rebellious has a lot to do it. Imagine a generation of young ladies who never have dressed up and I think we have had a generation like that. This generation wants a challenge because we have a generation who is not challenged anymore. A few Lolitas fashion Enthusiasts have been divided from certain groups at Anime Conventions rightly so just because they dress that way do not make them Anime fans. I cannot say I am a big anime fan but I do not attend Cons because I love My little pony. I go there because I find the J-pop and K-pop fans there and like Lolitas we will have more meets dedicated just for us as well.
 Why do I like the fashion? It is beautiful and there are male Fashions to go with it.

Some have added some of the Steampunk fashion and combined with the Lolita look. I was a fan of the original Wild West West Show not the Will Smith Crap that had nothing to do with the the TV show.

      I think you can add some of the victorian age models as a lot of influence in the Modern Lolita Fashion especially the Umbrella and lace that has a victorian feel to it. As son of a Victorian age collector I know the Victorian style very well. There are so many styles and groups, like Victorian,gothic,punk and many Asian styles that are just too hard to pronounce.
 Since David Bowie and even Elvis Presley fashion and pop music go hand to hand. You look at so many pop stars there is so much influence there. So I do not see the big deal. I would love any Girlfriend in the fashion and I would dress up to match. I say if you do not like it shut up and suck on a lolipop.
 And Remember
                             Toru Takanuru!

No comments:

Post a Comment